Alicia M. Sintes is the new editor for the Astroparticle Physics, whose journal, aims to only publish papers with significance to an international audience, containing substantial novelty and scientific impact (view impact factor here).
This journal publishes experimental and theoretical research papers in the interacting fields of Cosmic Ray Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Cosmology and Particle Physics focusing on new developments in the following areas:
• High-energy cosmic-ray physics and astrophysics;
• Particle cosmology;
• Particle astrophysics;
• Related astrophysics: supernova, AGN, cosmic abundances, dark matter etc.;
• Gravitational waves
• High-energy, VHE and UHE gamma-ray astronomy;
• High- and low-energy neutrino astronomy;
• Instrumentation and detector developments related to the above-mentioned fields.
The Editors reserve the rights to reject, with or without external review, papers that do not meet these criteria. This could include papers that are very similar to previous publications, or that are out of scope, such as concentrated mostly on very theoretical developments with few direct immediate observational consequences, or lacking a direct connection to either astro- or particle physics.